- Courtemanche, C., Tchernis, R., and X. Zhou (2019), "Maternal Work Hours and Childhood Obesity: Evidence Using Instrumental Variables Related to Sibling School Eligibility," Journal of Human Capital, 13 (4), pp. 553-584.
- Nguimkeu, P., Denteh, A., and R. Tchernis (2019), "On the Estimation of Treatment Effects with Endogenous Misreporting," Journal of Econometics, 208, pp. 487-506.
- Courtemanche, C., Tchernis, R., and B. Ukert. (2018), "The Effect of Smoking on Obesity: Evidence from a Randomized Trial," Journal of Health Economics, 57, pp. 31-44.
- Qiu, Q., Sung, J., Davis, GW, and R. Tchernis. (2018), "Using Spatial Factor Analysis to Measure Human Development," Journal of Development Economics, 132, pp. 130-149.
- Almada, L., McCarthy, I., and R. Tchernis. (2016), "What can we learn about the effects of food stamps on obesity in the presence of misreporting?," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, 98(4), pp. 997-1017.
- Millimet, D. and R. Tchernis. (2013), "Estimation of Treatment Effects Without an Exclusion Restriction: with an Application to the Analysis of the School Breakfast Program," Journal of Applied Econometrics, Vol. 28 (6), pp. 982-1017. (Stata code is available here.)
- Millimet, D., R. Tchernis, and M. Husain. (2010), "School Nutrition Programs and the Incidence of Childhood Obesity," Journal of Human Resources, Vol. 45, No. 3, pp. 640-654.
- Buchinsky, M., Fougere D., Kramarz I., and R. Tchernis. (2010), "Interfirm Mobility, Wages, and the Returns to Seniority and Experience in the U.S.," Review of Economic Studies, 77(3) pp. 972-1001.
- Millimet, D. and R. Tchernis. (2009), "On the Specification of Propensity Scores: with Applications to the Analysis of Trade Policies," Journal of Business and Economic Statistics, Vol. 27, No. 3, pp. 397-415.
- Millimet, D. and R. Tchernis (2008), "Estimating High-Dimensional Demand Systems in the Presence of Many Binding Non-Negativity Constraints," Journal of Econometrics, vol. 147, pp. 384-395.
- Hogan J.W., and R. Tchernis (2004), ''Bayesian Factor Analysis for Spatially Correlated Data, with Application to Deriving Indices of Deprivation from Area-level Census Data,'' Journal of the American Statistical Association, vol. 99, no. 466, pp. 314-324.
Please see my CV for the full list of publications